home about archive

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Author Sightings!

Happy October! (see pumpkin in latte on left)
A weekend of signings!

Last weekend was packed for me. I went to two, yes TWO!, awesome book signings in the Los Angeles area.

Full of excitement, hopped up on some sugar, I got a full tank of gas and went to party!

First up?


I went with my friend T from Nite Lite to The Grove.
At the B&N there, we saw an awesome lineup of Rachel Cohn, David Levithan, Lissa Price and Melissa de la Cruz.
The authors were very funny and sweet.
Rachel Cohn and David Levithan are actually pretty hilarious. And the piece Rachel read from of her book, Beta, was very funny. I'm looking forward to reading that one.



David, Melissa, Lissa and Rachel



And on Sunday, I went to The B&N at The Americana in Glendale to see the fabulous
Gretchen McNeil.

She is hilarious. Funny, sweet and personable.
Oh, and I loved her dress. it matched her book!



Gretchen reading from her new book, Ten.



Gretchen was signing copies of Ten, a thriller/mystery loosely based on the famous Agatha Christie's story "And Then There Were None".
I'm very excited to read my copy of Ten. I've heard some really great things.

And you may already have seen Gretchen's name on her debut novel "Possess", which is in the lower right hand corner of the last picture.

Do you go to book signings when they are in your area?

1 comment:

  1. gretchen always has awesome clothes. and i totally want to read ten. it looks totally spooky.

    the grove is far but worth it. ice cream!

    ReplyDelete