home about archive

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Shelf Candy! (18)

Thanks to Five Alarm Books for hosting Shelf Candy Saturday!


My Saturdays are more fun with some pretty Shelf Candy to look at!


My Shelf Candy for this week is:








The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta

Synopsis can be found here.

I love the smoke rising from the old fashioned shoes, like the person has evaporated into thin air. Or maybe the person has gracefully disappeared by turning to mist, sans shoes.

The bright background and the thin whisp of smoke take on a mystical quality. I enjoy the shiny hardwood floors reflecting the brown shoes, and not much else.

Considering this book is about those left behind, I think the cover captures that sense perfectly.

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. This is a great cover!! Maybe my favorite cover of the weekend (even over mine :) ). It is so simple, but the message is clear. The colors are fabulous. I want to paint a wall that color right now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol for some reason, I smiled when I saw this cover. It reminds me so much of the wizard of oz. When the wicked witch of the east got hit by the house she evaporated and all that was left of her was smoke and ruby red pumps. Great pick!

    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reviewed The Leftovers and loved the cover even them. It looks even better in person. I agree, the cover captures the story line perfectly. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is a new book for me but I am really intrigued! It looks fabulous! The smoke and the shoes really makes you wonder about the story line and what is happening! great choice!

    byt he way, i think this is the first time I have been to your blog and I love it. The header is great.

    ReplyDelete