home about archive

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday! (30)

Thank you Five Alarm Book Reviews for hosting Shelf Candy!
Saturday is just another day unless you feed your book loving self with some candy!

Be sure to check out the other fun blogs that participate in Shelf Candy! I find many books for my To Be Read pile this way and I'm sure you will too!

Now, onto the Shelf Candy!
Drumroll please....

My Shelf Candy for this Saturday is:



A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore
Synopsis
can be found
here.

I thought I'd round out the month of May with Christopher Moore again.

This is one of my favorite books. Sure, Lamb is his most popular book, but there is something about A Dirty Job that holds a special place in my heart.


The cover is amazing. The macabre atmosphere. The black and white cover with the pink old fashioned baby carriage. The baby skull with her tiny scythe. And the old fashioned shoes and pin striped dress pants pushing the little bundle along.
And the title, at the bottom, the carriage rolling over the thick pink letters.


It was my first Christopher Moore book. I bought a signed copy, many moons ago now, at Festival of Books in Los Angeles. Because of the cover. And loved the book inside.
It's a little weird, a little out of the box. And a lot awesome.

What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. I love this cute, little creepy cover! The colors, the style... Christopher Moore has great covers in general. This is another reminder to read one of his titles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! And as always thank you for hosting Shelf Candy. Totally love it.

      Delete
  2. Awesome cover! I love the colors and the creepy death baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I bought this book because of its cover years ago and was thrilled that I ended up loving the story too!

      Delete
  3. I love it!! I haven't read this title, but it is going in my TBR pile right now. I love all of Moore's covers. I wonder if they have the same artist doing them all? They are so similar. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Yes! They all have a certain feel! Please let me know what you think after you've read it!

      Delete
  4. I love this cover! Soooo cute but kinda creepy at the same time :) I really enjoyed The Stupidest Angel by him so I'll have to check this one out.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't always love moore's covers but this one is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah now there's a great cover!
    I am friends with Jen from At Random.
    I love Christopher Moore and I LOVED this book, it was one of the funniest books I have read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the cover. Its cute and creepy! IS that possible?
    Hardly come across such books! Cant wait to get my hands on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cover! I am new to your blog & really like the Shelf Candy posts!

    ReplyDelete