home about archive

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review: Wicked Kiss by Michelle Rowen

Title: Wicked Kiss

Author: Michelle Rowen

Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Publication Date: February 2013

Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Fiction

Series or Stand Alone: Series, Book Two


Synopsis can be found here.
NetGalley review.

Review:

Samantha Day has had her soul sucked from her. Now, she is on a team with angels and demons, trying to rid the world of a mysterious darkness, a team of soul sucking creatures who seem to have developed super human strength and powers overnight. Angels and demons fight together to rid the world of these creatures, but Samantha Day is a creature like them. What does this mean for Samantha and the boy she loves?

I loved Dark Kiss, book one so I nearly jumped out of my skin to read this one. And it does not disappoint. We're back with Bishop, whose mind is slowly turning mad as he struggles with his addiction to Samantha's touch and his urge to kiss her. Meanwhile, his brother Kraven, the demon, is also drawn to Samantha, but for different reasons. I love this triangle. I know there are so many triangles and so many times, it's done poorly. But not with Michelle Rowen.

I envision Bishop and Kraven as real people, offering Samantha different paths and different parts of herself. I love the idea of them being both good and evil, both good and bad for her. Both are sexy and alluring in their own way.

Samantha is still pretty awesome. She's strong, coming into her own power and trying to wrap her head around the world she is thrown into. I especially love her dynamic with the newcomer on the team. I'm not going to give anything away, but their rocky relationship is organic and simple.

A fun sequel, adding layers of mystery, romance and danger. I ate it up.


Rating: 8 Cookie Worthy

No comments:

Post a Comment