home about archive

Friday, June 28, 2013

The Book Diet to End All Book Diets!

Hey guys
So if you know me, you'll know that I tend to buy a lot of books. Like, a lot.
My poor husband doesn't know what to do with me. (Seriously. I feel bad for him. Because if he started collecting something like I collect books, well, he would be living in the garage.)
And I have to admit, even I get overwhelmed by the number of books I've accumulated recently.
Oh yes, lovely readers. I am going to admit it-



I have a book buying problem.

So I'm issuing my own challenge to myself and you, fellow readers will help me.
I am going to embark on

The Book Diet to End All Book Diets

Goal-

To only buy One Book a month for the rest of the year (including DIGITAL copies!)- starting this month. (July)
Therefore, I must read my TBR stack as it stands now. 



Here are the exceptions-
1. Pre-orders do not count and I won't be cancelling those. (so there! I don't have many anyway.)
And
2. If I am at a signing, I can buy another book to be signed to giveaway on the blog. (See? I'm thinking of you!)
And
3. I can get library books out. Because they're free.



I will update my progress here on this post.

This means great things for you! Because as I read, I certainly can't keep all of them. Look out for more giveaways in the second half of 2013 than ever before!

And if by some chance I do happen to stray outside of the lines, (you know it will happen) I will post updates on that as well. 
Wish me luck.
There's a lot of books out there...


9 comments:

  1. I recently started doing the same thing. I can only pay money (free books are still game) for a book once a month. It has been really really difficult! But it has also been satisfying. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dena!
      Thanks so much! I'm glad that someone else has similar ideas. I have a feeling it's going to be super duper hard for me, especially when I see all the beautiful books being released this fall!

      Happy Reading and hope you're making a dent in your TBR pile!

      Delete
  2. good luck. i think this is pretty strict for you but i am hoping you succeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fish! I know, I'm pretty hesitant to do it, but I know I'll feel better after I try it. It's only for half a year! And hubby will feel better too! :)

      Delete
    2. well i'll try to keep you honest. you can do it!

      Delete
  3. I'm rooting for you! And hey if you want to offload some stuff you've already read, I can help you move them along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A!
      Fingers crossed I get through some physical books this year. I think hubby will have smoke coming out of his ears if I don't! :) haha

      Delete
  4. I wish I had the willpower to do this. You should see some of my book hauls. They are absolutely ridiculous. I have 3 floor-to-ceiling bookshelves from the store Borders that went out of business and they are all JAM PACKED with books. And yes, I keep buying more. Of course, I also get a majority of my books from publishers or authors wanting me to review this books. I hate saying no! lol. I have a problem. Perhaps I should join your book diet too! Book diet buddies? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle!
      Join up! Seriously. I could use a partner in crime! And I know I'm not going to be perfect, but I just want to TRY to be a little bit better.
      I have a problem where I read a lot of digital books instead of reading my physical books, but I buy more physical books. So they keep growing and growing...:)

      Delete