home about archive

Friday, February 24, 2012

TGIF at GReads! (15)

Thank you to GReads for hosting.
TGIF everyone!
I'm so happy it's Friday!


This week's question is: Required Reading: Which book from your school days do you remember reading & enjoying? Is there a book published now that you'd like to see in today's curriculum for kids?













We read parts of this book for my history class. One of my favorite teachers taught me and since I left school, I've always wanted to finish this book. Maybe this year will be the year!





Two of my favorite plays. Ever.
Thank you High School English class.



I'd love to see this book as required reading










This was such a beautiful and heartbreaking work. I loved every minute of it. For an older audience, but a must read. Especially because we need to instill acceptance, understanding and compassion in today's youth.




Funny enough, there are a few books that really impacted me in school.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I haven't read ANY of these! One of my favorite plays we read in class was 'Night Mother. Chilling!

    xo,
    La Toya (La Toya, Literally.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll have to check that out. Night Mother.... it sounds scary!

      Delete
  2. Interesting! I haven't heard of any of these books either. Isn't it funny how books impact us at different times in our lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alysia,
      It really is. I am lucky that my English class one year we read mostly plays. Which many of my classmates would not have read on their own so it allowed us to open ourselves up to a new genre.

      Delete
  3. I hadn't read any of these either! I added them to my TBR list, though, since I had heard of them before and now this is at least the second time I've had them recommended to me! I had summer reading before all four of my years, but I really enjoyed The Scarlet Letter (most people don't :>), The Awakening (Chopin), and The Age of Innocence (Wharton).

    ReplyDelete