home about archive

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday!! (39)

Hello fellow Sugar-a-holics!

Welcome to another edition of Shelf Candy! I am your Sugar Queen and here to present to you another beautiful cover or two!
A special thanks to Five Alarm Book Reviews who hosts this meme! Be sure to check out the other Sugar-a-holics on her Shelf Candy post!

Onto the Shelf Candy:





Lost Voices by Sarah Porter (Book One)
Synopsis can be found here.

Waking Storms by Sarah Porter (Book Two)
Synopsis can be found here.

I haven' t read this series yet, but Waking Storms just came out and it's a real eye catcher.
Laying on the table at one of my local bookshops, I saw it and realized- hey, I know that series!
While the first book is pretty, I find the cover on the second to be very intriguing! The second book is what makes me pull this series from my To Read pile up to the top!

I love the underwater quality of the photo, the whispy soft colors, the dancing lights.
And the mermaid tail! The first book looks lighter, airy while the second book takes on a darker quality. I love them both!

And, it's even prettier in person!

What do you think?
Are you partial to mermaid stories?

6 comments:

  1. Hi, there, Kimberly!

    These covers are both gorgeous!! I LOVE all that blue!! Also, the mermaid tails are very well detailed, and the atmosphere of the underwaer scenes is perfectly magical. I've been meaning to get this series, and haven't yet been able to, but I will!

    By the way, Steph @ Five Alarm Book Reviews is no longer hosting this meme. In fact, she's taken down the blog. She asked me if I would like to continue with the meme, and I told her I would, so now I'm hosting it. I have a Linky widget included in my post, for participants to link up. All you have to do is click on "Read more", and the post will open up so you can see the Linky widget at the bottom. Hope to see you there!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria!

      I'll be sure to stop by and add my link. Thanks for taking over the meme!
      This one went up already as planned ( I usually plan them in advance) but all future ones will reference you!
      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. holy cats, another one bites the dust? :c You guys better not go anywhere.

      Delete
    3. i know! this is so sad. what is happening to all the book bloggers? :(

      Delete
  2. The covers are real pretty! I haven't heard much about this series but these books have been on my list! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/08/book-haul-of-diversity-tiredness.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are really pretty covers. mermaid covers can either look hokey or really cool. i think these are pretty nice. and i don't know if i've actually ever read a mermaid story...

    ReplyDelete