home about archive

Monday, January 28, 2013

Review: Blood Prophecy by Alyxandra Harvey

Title: Blood Prophecy

Author: Alyxandra Harvey

Publisher: Walker Children's

Publication Date: January 2013

Genre: Young Adult Paranormal

Series or Stand Alone: Series, Book Six

Synopsis can be found here.
NetGalley review.

Review:

It's come down to this. Sister against brother. Best friends against each other.
Solange is officially Queen, and that may be the most dangerous thing to happen to the vampires ever. She's slowly being possessed by Viola, and Viola's motives are unclear except for one thing: get Solange's spirit out of the picture as quickly as possible.

Everyone is back and a thrilling conclusion to this much loved series.

I love Lucy, and as always, she is just looking to get into trouble. Nicholas goes through a huge ordeal and I don't want to give anything away but it is chilling. But this is really Solange's book. She has to figure out who she is, what she wants, and if she's strong enough to fight off Viola who has been waiting to make her move since Solange became a vampire. I have to say, Solange may be my least favorite main character in the series, up until this book. She's a little whiny for me, especially next to Lucy is so kick ass. But the ending really endears Solange to me and makes me think her and Kieran may make it after all.

Lucy- kick ass. No more to say.
Nicholas- swoooon. That is all.
Solange- pretty great character arc. I'm glad she became such a strong female character in this book. 
Kieran- sigh. (doe eyes)

Not everyone survives, and the casualties may surprise you.

I thought this was a perfect way to end the series. I wish we had a little more time with some of the secondary characters, like Hunter and Quinn and Connor and Christabel. But I was happy to see them again, even for a short while. 
Harvey's sense of humor shines through in this book, giving the reader a much lifted feel to a very heavy situation. (There may have been one too many Buffy jokes, but honestly, I love Buffy so I can't hold that against her. I loved them.)

Oh, Ms. Harvey. I hope you do write more novellas so we can visit the Drakes again. My heart is already missing them.

Rating: 8 Cookie Worthy

No comments:

Post a Comment