I have a lot of fun making lists and reading lists so this is the perfect meme for me!
This week's questions is:
Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book
In no particular order:
1. Magic- I love book about magic, especially regarding Magicians. My friends will tell you it's true!
2. Vampires- Yes, I'm still on the kick. I love paranormal books, especially vampires. Lestat, Wrath and the BDB, Lucius, Stefan and Damon, Matthew, even Edward.
3. Ghosts/Hauntings - I love twists on the classic ghost story. The Graveyard Queen series by Amanda Stevens is one of those that once you start reading, you can't put it down!
4. Time Travel - I love time travel. So I'll try any book that has it! (Time Traveler's Wife I bought just because of the title.)
5. Reincarnation- When done well, these can be satisfying and heart breaking. I love My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares, especially.
6. Re-tellings- I'm a sucker for these! Greek Mythology or Fairy Tales!
7. Forests/Woods - I don't know why. Maybe it's because I associate these words/phrases with fairy tales and magic. But if a story has a mystical or creepy woods factor, I'm down.
8. Memory - This might fall into Reincarnation and Time Travel books but any one's memory, or loss of it, fascinates me.
9. Disappearances- Real or no, I like to wonder about missing colonies, civilizations, people and wreckage.
10. Love- Ok. I'm a romantic. Any romance story, contemporary, historical, fantasy, anything. When done well, I love love stories. I love being in love, reading about love and reading about the challenges and sometimes destruction of love.
What's your TTT?