home about archive

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday!! (25)

Hello fellow readers and bloggers and all around nice people!
Welcome to another edition of Shelf Candy Saturday.
Thanks to Five Alarm Book Reviews for hosting!

Now-
Onto the Shelf Candy!

My Shelf Candy for this week is








Flight Volume 3

You can find more of Kazu's art and graphic novels here on his webpage.

What do you think?
Goodreads page
here.

This is an anthology of beautiful graphic stories.
The main author/contributor/creator is Kazu Kibuishi. He is amazing! I've been buying the Flight series since I first went to Comic Con many years ago. What's awesome is that they had their own booth and most of the artists were there and you would buy your copy of Flight and they would all sign it for you!
I haven't been to Comic Con in a while, but I heard they're still there.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite covers.
I have a print of it in my house too.

I love the overall green tones, the wooden bridge on the left. The way the tree house spirals up into an easy point to the top. The man and his companion bird approaching the setting.

I want to live here!
With my books. And Bunnies. And hubby. Doesn't that sound nice?

9 comments:

  1. What a whimsical cover! I love the tree house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I fell in love with this cover. I have a print of it framed in my room too. He's a local Los Angeles artist too!

      Delete
  2. Whimsical is a great description for this cover! And I love the use of light in the image. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww i love kazu. remember our very first flight sighting at comic con? really must read the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No kidding, this is one of the most amazing illustrations that I have seen. The colors, the softness and all of that amazing fantasy driven detail. This is a great choice. Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Flight! What volume are they up to, 19 or 20 by now? (only half-kidding) ... I need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this cover!!! Great choice!!! I haven't heard of this series before but I'm going to have to check it out! ~Anna @ BLM

    Our Shelf Candy
    http://booklovinmamas.blogspot.com/2012/04/shelf-candy-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most definitely I love the tree the most. :D

    That's what stands out the most to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is gorgeous. I love the whimsy. It just seems like it would be a blustery day and that the wind has twisted the top of the little house! It makes me smile and I totally see why you have the print. It is intriguing and draws you right in. great choice.

    ReplyDelete