home about archive

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Book Review: Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead

Title: Succubus Revealed

Author: Richelle Mead

Publisher: Kensington

Publication Date: August 2011

Genre: Adult Romantic Fantasy

Series or Stand Alone: Series, Book Six, End of series

Check out my archive to see reviews of book one to five!



Synopsis can be found here.


Review:

Georgina has left her job at the bookstore to be… one of Santa’s elves? It was fun to see her out of her element, and really, she couldn’t have stayed at the bookstore after everything had happened. She’s given the job to transfer to Las Vegas, land of sin with her best friend, Bastien from book two and all of her dreams handed to her on a platter. So why does it feel so wrong? Seth is stationed in Seattle, helping with is ill sister in law and lovable family. But they can last long distance, right? And that’s not all…


 The last book in the series is bittersweet, fun and a little unnerving.  Anxious and waiting for months for the final installment to arrive in stores (or on kindle), I found myself hesitant to begin! Why? you ask oh kind reader. Well, it’s quite simple. I didn’t want it to end.
I enjoyed this series so much, I found it difficult to say goodbye to Seth, Georgina, Jerome, Carter, Hugh, Peter and the rest of the gang. It’s a book I was very much looking forward to reading! Oh, I’ll just wait until I have a full day where I can sit down and read. Therefore, I kept putting it off, putting it off… days go by…

As I was driving to work one morning, my audio book filling the car, my thoughts on coffee and bagels, I realized something.  I could die right now. I could. I’m healthy and young and don’t expect to, but you know, you never know. And as I’m driving, I thought- if I died, yes, usual sadness. Friends, family, etc. But…. I would NEVER know what happened to Seth and Georgina!

Well, that just won’t do!

I went home that night and started it. And feel totally satisfied that I did.

I won’t give anything away, but I did love the ending. All our usual suspects were there. There were answers to questions posed books earlier, and the storyline moved along quickly. Yes, I did guess how it would turn out after the last book (Catch up Georgina! Com’on! You’re smart! Think. About. It!), but that didn’t make it any less enjoyable to read. A few heart-wrenching scenes stick out for me- Seth and Georgina with Hugh, Carter and Georgina at the end.  
Mead was true to her ongoing themes through the series. Love is hard work and people make mistakes, but in the end, there can be redemption for all of us. Love is redemption. If you are strong. If you face your demons. If you fight on.  

Even for a succubus.




Rating 10 One of The Best




Want to enter the giveaway to win this book?


Click here!

2 comments:

  1. Positively yummy! Love her work. Thanks for the post!
    veltara(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that I loved this ending. Was so great being able to see how everything happened at the end.

    ReplyDelete