home about archive

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday!! (37)

Welcome fellow candy lovers to another edition of Shelf Candy Saturday.

Thanks to Five Alarm Book Reviews for hosting this fun event! Stop by FABR for more blogs participating in Shelf Candy. Who knows? You may find some more sweet stuff!

Now, onto the Candy!

My Shelf Candy for this Saturday is:




The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Synopsis can be found here.

Isn't it gorgeous?

This is book three in his Cemetery of Lost Books series. Book one is one of my personal favorites: Shadow of the Wind.

Notice the framed scene, the old street lamp, the tall blurred buildings where the light is shining so bright it blinds the outlines. Notice the man running out of that scene, looking behind him, as if he was running from something. Notice the beautiful blue color, the old fashioned metal like framing on the outside of the book. The bold yet sweeping font of the author's name and the band of red ribbon with the title.

If you've ever read one of his books, you know then that this is a wonderful interpretation of his stories and writing. Romantic, thrilling, sweeping and mysterious.

I cannot wait to get my hands on it.
In fact, I might already have.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I love it! It makes you stop and take a second look...Thanks for sharing!
    http://shutupandreadgroup.blogspot.com/2012/07/shelf-candy-saturday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous. It looks like a painting instead of a book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I totally agree!! This is a great cover, for sure!! I do wish you had made it a little bigger, though, so we could appreciate the intricate design better.

    I've heard a lot about this aurhot, and have been meaning to start on "The Shadow of the Wind". Time, though, is my enemy!

    Thanks for posting this lovely cover!! Happy Reading!! : )

    P.S. I love your new blog design, and the simplified banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! This is a fantastic cover. I have one coming up that has a lot of similarities. I love the way that the cover looks old, the font on the ribbon and the man running out of the picture. The Prisoner of Heaven is a great SC pick. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful and I think your description fits it well. it is romantic, thrilling and mysterious. It might even be a little gothic. I really wonder about the book behind the cover. Thanks for sharing this series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your description of romantic, sweeping and mysterious describes this cover well! Beautiful choice. I need to read Shadow of the Wind!

    ReplyDelete