home about archive

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday!!! (38)

Happy Saturday!
Welcome to another edition of Shelf Candy.

Thank you to Five Alarm Book Reviews for hosting this awesome weekly event!

I like exploring other blogs and finding out what Shelf Candy they've found this week and I hope you will too!
Onto the Candy!

My pick this week is:




Dark Companion by Marta Acosta
Synopsis can be found here.

Isn't it creepy?

I love the long white summery dress and how the white title is set over that, a single vine of leaves running along the bottom of the book and into the title.

The eerie watery light the model is facing, looks like it's coming from something far in the distance, and it's definitely not the sun. I love the tall skinny trees that fade into nothing around the model and the leaves littering the ground.

The cover drew me in at B&N the other day and yes, I did pick it up.

I can't ignore a cover like that!

What do you think? Are you intrigued??

4 comments:

  1. I do like this cover. Very creepy and dark but draws me in and intrigues me to follow her. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very intrigued! *Adds to shelf on Goodreads*

    Konstanz Silverbow
    nothoughts2small.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book in my To read list and I have to say I love the cover. Great pick!

    My SC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kimberly!

    I didn't publish a Shelf Candy post last Saturday because I was feeling down...so I missed your beautiful choice!! (Why was I feeling down? Well, KStew cheated on RPatz...) I love this cover! And yes, it IS creepy-looking, but it's also beautiful! This is a GREAT pick!! Thanks for sharing it!!

    BTW, Steph @ Five Alarm Book Reviews will no longer be hosting this meme, and she told me I was welcome to continue with it, if I was interested. I certainly am! So I'm putting up a post tomorrow, with a Linky attached so other blogs can link up. I sure hope you decide to continue participating in this lovely meme! : )

    ReplyDelete